Monday, February 27, 2017

Beautiful Butterflies

I was finally able to get back in my craft room today.  It sure is hard to find time to craft anymore. Here's a card I made using the new MFT Beautiful Butterflies kit.


I ordered some beautiful reinkers from Gina K. Designs and decided to make a background using marbles.  Usually I have to raid my husband's gumball machine for this technique, but I recently purchased some marbles, so I don't have to do that anymore.  lol  The case the GKD kits come in is perfect for this technique.  I placed a piece of white card stock with repositional tape in the bottom and dotted some drops of reinker around the paper.  I used Innocent Pink and Tomato Soup.  Closed the lid and gave it a shake.  The marbles roll through the ink and all over the paper leaving a wonderful design.  This is what I came up with.

The butterflies were stamped with Innocent Pink, Tomato Soup and embossed with black embossing powder.  I added some Wink of Stella to their wings.

Thanks so much for coming by to look.  Your kind comments are always appreciated.

The Recipe:
Beautiful Butterflies, You Give Me Butterflies
Penny Black Border Edgers
Wink of Stella
GKD Innocent Pink, Tomato Soup ink

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card this is. I love the marble look and the whole design of this card. The butterflies are gorgeous and I love how you colored them. You have been on my mind a lot lately and I hope we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you have not lost your marbles tee hee. That technique is so beautiful, love the color too! Don't you just love that PB border? Barb had it so I had to have it lol Your butterflies are beautiful and I love that you used the other border die on the inside. This is glorious! I g=have missed you here! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Sharyn. Love the butterflies and the Penny Black border and the colors and the "marble" background...that pretty much covers it, doesn't it!?. I hoe you get more playtime soon, I miss seeing your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back in the craftroom having a good time crating beauties like this one. Sure love this technique and have to remember to use it. Your card is so awesome with the butterflies and that Penny Black border that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, I haven't done the marble technique in forever, thanks for the reminder. Love the colors you used here, and those butterflies are so pretty. And I love that border too....I must look into it further. I think I might need it...lol. So happy you got to play today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.